Michael R. DalSanto
Attorney at Law

If you are charged with an underage drinking offense, you need to consult with a aggressive Ohio criminal law attorney as soon as possible after the incident to be informed about your options. Call Attorney Michael DalSanto today for a no-cost consultation at 614-290-4638.

Your case might be referred to with multiple different terms, including "underage alcohol possession," "underage intoxication,"  "underage alcohol consumption," or "offenses involving underage persons." The law restricts those under the age of 21 from purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol, but it is also illegal to be under the influence of alcohol while in a public place. Your case might even be connected to additional charges depending on the circumstances of your arrest. You should never assume that an underage drinking charge is a minor offense.

If convicted, you could spend up to six months in jail. You might also have to pay a fine of up to $1,000 in addition to court costs. You may be required to complete community service hours, alcohol counseling programs, and probation. Don't let an underage drinking charge destroy your educational and employment future.

Underage drinking is an act heavily pursued by law enforcement officers, who tend to have little tolerance for it. If you are caught with alcohol under the age of 21, you should expect officers to enforce the law. This especially applies to college campuses, as law enforcement task forces commonly target major sporting events and other social gatherings. With even one incident, you can end up in criminal court facing serious punishments, and it's a mistake to take this issue too lightly. If you have been charged, do not hesitate to retain a criminal law attorney with an understanding of the issues at play in an underage drinking case.

Consuming alcohol under the legal age may lead to stiff penalties in the state of Ohio. It's one of the most common criminal charges that young individuals across the state face. Ending up with a conviction leads to punishment and a tarnished record that may make your life more difficult. If you're serious about avoiding or reducing those punishments, you need to hire an attorney with experience in the field of representing those charged with underage drinking.

Underage Drinking